HOLY GRAIL PRODUCTS
A lot of you guys have been asking me about my all-time favorite beauty products, so here they are! All of the products featured are ones that I absolutely cannot go without and use on a daily basis.
- NARS bronzing powder - Laguna / Since my skin has a yellow undertone, I tend to have a problem with bronzers looking too red on my face. Luckily for me, the NARS Laguna bronzing powder is the perfect shade of warm brown. With a hint of shimmer, it's the perfect bronzer for natural glowing skin year-round. On top of that, it's very build-able so you can even use it as a subtle contour shade!
- Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation - N123 / A little backstory: While my skin generally behaves, I struggle with dry spots and uneven skin-tone. My cheeks are pinker than the rest of my face and even though I moisturize twice a day and drink a lot of water, my t-zone just tends to get dry (but also oily?! Who knew that was possible) throughout the day. All of the sheer/build-able foundations I have used over the past few years (bareMinerals, Diorskin Nude, Bobbi Brown Skin) always look really great when I first apply them. However, they just aren't moisturizing enough and my skin tends to dry out after a few hours. With 1-2 pumps of MUFE HD Invisible Cover, my skin stays smooth and dewy throughout even my longest days.
- Chanel Joues Contraste Blush - Malice / Although I'm partial to NARS blushes, I am absolutely obsessed with this one because it is super-pigmented AND long-wearing.
- Bobbi Brown Ultra Nude Palette / This made my holy-grail list because despite being 3+ years old, its great everyday shades make me gravitate toward it both on a day-to-day basis and when traveling. Unfortunately, this was a limited edition so here is my other favorite everyday eye palette: Urban Decay Naked Basics. If you're interested in trying out Bobbi Brown shadows, here is a really similar one: Bobbi's Browns Eye Palette.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz - Ebony / My all-time favorite brow pencil. The extra-fine tip makes it easy to fill in the sparser areas of your brows. I've tried to go without it because it does run out fairly quickly, but I always end up purchasing it again. Definitely a staple!
- Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner / Since I don't like liquid liners and am too lazy to use ones that need sharpening, the Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner is perfect! Long-lasting and very pigmented, it's great for my everyday winged liner. I actually used to use a MAC twist-up liner, but found this one to be a cheaper alternative!
- Benefit Stay Don't Stray / My sister got this for me as a birthday/Christmas gift last month (thanks, Audrey!) and it has already trumped the other eyelid primers in my collection! It dries quickly so there's no waiting around to apply your eyeshadow and its wand makes for an easy application. Great for preventing fallout from shimmery shadows and amazing at enhancing pigment in matte ones.
- Essie Nail Polish - Master Plan / Finally, a go-to color that isn't a shade of nude or black! Master Plan is a perfectly neutral grey-brown and, like all Essie polishes, lasts a good 2 weeks if you go over it with a good top coat.
- Dior Crème de Rose lip balm / I love lipsticks, but they can dry out my lips. And dry lips mean small lips, which is a no-go. Thankfully, this balm fixes both of these problems perfectly. I just dab a bit on top of whatever lipstick I happen to be wearing and in a few minutes, my lips are smooth and plump. The best part? The plumping is completely painless!
- MAC Lipstick - Hug Me / My go-to "my lips but better" shade. Pinky-brown nude. Finish: Lustre.
- MAC Lipstick - Velvet Teddy / My favorite matte lipstick and not as drying as others I have tried. Light warm brown. Finish: Matte.
- MAC Lipstick - Blankety / My first ever MAC Lipstick! Very creamy and nicely pigmented for such a light color. Pinky-nude. Finish: Amplified.